Objectives of Lesson 5
In this lesson, your ADI will make sure that you know how to position your car correctly on the road basing on various actions including –
- Changing lanes
- Entering and exiting from slip roads
- Entering and exiting junctions
- Negotiating bends
- Negotiating junctions
- Positioning on straight
You will also be able to position your car properly while progressing through traffic and within appropriate lanes.
Minimum Coverage of Lesson 5
During the progress of the lesson, you should drive under supervision in traffic under various road conditions so you have enough opportunity to position your car properly –
- Approaching and emerging from junctions
- In traffic lanes
- Negotiating roundabouts
- On bends turning left and right
- On the straight
- Performing a turnabout
- Stopping in a confined space
- Stopping in traffic
- Turning left and right
Expected Results for Lesson 5
At the end of the fifth EDT lesson, you should know how to demonstrate the following –
- Continuously maintain safe position while on the road and maintaining safe braking distance between vehicles
- Carry out proper and safe use of road sharing
- Maneuver in various challenging conditions including parking, reversing and turnabout
Preparation for Lesson 6
In order to meet the required results for Lesson 6, you should complete lesson 1 to 5.
Practice Makes Perfect
To keep certain levels of confidence in meeting the learning outcomes, you should also read and understand the expected results of the lesson in addition to practicing for at least three hours with your ADI or sponsor or both and doing relevant study.
In particular, you should also practice the proper use of correct positioning under varying situations for the same time period of three hours.
You should also read and understand the Rules of the Road sections particularly on correct positioning and correct anticipation and reactions.
If your ADI gave you feedback, you should act upon it at the conclusion of your last EDT lesson.