Objectives for Lesson 2
As you start the second EDT lesson, your ADI will make sure that you can position your car correctly on the road for specific actions you are going to take including – changing lanes, cornering, correct positioning within traffic lanes, driving on straight, entering and existing from slip roads, entering and existing junctions and roundabouts and negotiating bends and junctions.
Minimum Coverage of Lesson 2
The minimum coverage that your ADI will take in Lesson 2 is to allow you to drive in light traffic situations so you have adequate opportunity to position your vehicle under the following circumstances –
- Approaching and emerging from junctions
- In traffic lanes
- Negotiating roundabouts
- On bends turning left and right
- On the straight
Expected Results for Lesson 2
By the end of Lesson 2, you are expected to –
- Know how to maintain a safe position on the road
- Maintain the safe braking distance between your vehicle and other vehicles
- Demonstrate appropriate and safe use of road space available
Preparation of Lesson 3
In order to achieve the objectives required for lesson 3, you should complete Lesson 1 and Lesson 2.
Practice Makes Perfect
To keep your confidence in meeting the required objectives, you should read the objectives of the lesson and do enough practice under the supervision of your ADI or sponsor or both. In addition, you should also make sure you have done relevant study.
Make sure that you have practiced the following for three hours at the minimum:
- Changing lanes
- Correct positioning within traffic lanes
- Entering and exiting junctions and roundabouts
- Entering and exiting from slip roads
- Negotiating bends and junctions
- Positioning the car on straight
You should also be familiar and understand the Rules of the Road section that you have to deal with including changing direction and making observations and correct positioning under different conditions.
If your ADI gave you feedback, you should make sure you practice and act upon it at the end of your previous EDT lesson.